Fresh Breeze Inn Address:
Calle Golfo De Mexico Privada 21
Chacala, Nayarit, Mexico
The closest international airport is Puerto Vallarta (PVR), about 60 miles south of Chacala.
From the PVR airport, here are some options:
1) Days in advance, contact Arturo, a local Chacala driver, to arrange transport
Arturo speaks good English and responds promptly to emails or texts.
TRANSPORTATION CHACALA AIRPORT SHUTTLE
PABLO ARTURO CELL # 011 52 1327 978 9695 (From U.S.)
- 2) Take a taxi
- You can use the taxi kiosk as you come into the airport after the customs check. The price can range from about $100 to $120 US. If you use the pedestrian overpass bridge to cross the road in front of the airport and walk to the north a short way, you can probably get a better price.
- 3) Rent a car
- Easily done at the airport; but you can probably get a better deal online. Gecko car rental often gives the best rate and very personal service. (geckorentcar.com)
- Driving in Mexico is dangerous because some of the rules are different.
- Drive north along Hwy 200 for approximately 90 minutes. Watch for a sign for Chacala which is west, or a left turn. If you reach Las Varas you have gone a few miles to far.
- IMPORTANT: Pull off on the right and wait for cars to pass before making your left hand turn toward Chacala; otherwise you will get hit from behind.
- 4) Take a bus most of the way, with a taxi on each end
- Take a taxi to the central bus station in Puerto Vallarta, which is about a mile north of the airport. Proceed to the Pacifico bus counter and buy a ticket to Las Varas, Nayarit. The cost is around 200 pesos. The bus ride will take about an hour and a half. Be sure to get a bag tag so there isn’t any confusion or loss of bags.
- Once in Las Varas, from the bus station, walk two short blocks south (the direction you came from on the east side which is the same side of the road you arrived on from Puerto Vallarta ) and catch a Chacala Colectivo (Van) if it is before 6 p.m., or take a private taxi if it is later then 6pm. Chacala is about 7 miles southwest of Las Varas. The taxi fare is around 120 pesos.
- Once in Chacala:
- Stay straight on Golfo de Mexico, the road that brings you into the village. (Bottom right side of the map)
- On the right you will pass Chacala’s largest hotel: Hotel Paraiso Escondido.
- Continue along the road about a city block’s length to the small red and white medical clinic on the left side of the road (taxi drivers know where the “Clinica de Salud” is). Back up about 10 meters and look up road to the right (east) that goes up the little hill, and you will see the Inn.